Selecting the right charter company can be a time consuming process, but you can avoid a lot of problems for yourself and your group members if you shop carefully. Following are some questions should ask any motorcoach carrier you are considering. Any reputable company will be glad to answer.
- Ask to see insurance certificates, If the company is authorized for interstate service, the minimum liability coverage should be $5 million dollars.
- Look for proof that the motorcoach you will be using has passed a mechanical inspection in the last twelve months. Nothing can ruin a trip more than a mechanical break down. Most states issue decals that certify passage. Rockford Charter Coach maintains a full service garage facility, with top notch mechanics. All comfort and safety issues are dealt with immediately.
- All drivers must have a valid, current CDL or commercial driver’s license. A CDL is not just an ordinary driver’s license. It requires a great deal of extra knowledge to earn it. All Rockford Charter Coach driver’s have many years of motorcoach driving experience, and adhere to all current Department of Transportation guidelines, including Random Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Ask about additional drivers and driver switches. Drivers cannot operate a motorcoach for more than ten hours a day, as per DOT guidelines. Your motorcoach company can help you plan your trip accordingly.
Pricing and Package Costs
- Ask how the pricing of the trip is determined. This can be according to miles or hours.
- Discuss coach size and what level of luxury you want. In your discussions with the motorcoach company representative, be thorough in discussing your needs and any amenities. This will avoid any misunderstandings later.
- Ask about policies for deposits, final payment, refunds and cancellations.
- Be sure to find out about any add-on costs which may not be part of the package. These might be tolls, destination taxes, special permits, parking, etc.
- Be sure you understand the motorcoach company’s policies pertaining to smoking, alcoholic beverages and food. Very often there is an additional cleaning deposit required for such items.
- Ask about driver accommodations and costs. Make sure you understand how, or if, they are included in the package.
You can discuss any of these questions with your Rockford Charter Coach representative. We are here to make your travel experience worry free.